It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

V-Spec Released! 

7 replies to this topic

#1 sr180

• Car:Nissan 1996 180sx.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

http://www.caradvice.com.au/20394/2009-nis...specv-unveiled/

Further modifications include a titanium-coated exhaust system and carbon-ceramic brakes which were spied earlier this year on a prototype at the Nürburgring for ultimate stopping performance.

Rather than focussing on raw power, Nissan has instead concentrated on refining the handling of the new SpecV, equipping the car with Nismo-spec forged aluminium wheels as standard to reduce unsprung weight.

#2 Flying180

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Wow, the V-Spec will be DOUBLE the price of a standard GTR :o

#3 stereomike

• Car:MkIV Golf GTI

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/16524/200...-r-specv-video/

Official video from Nissan. Lots of Japanese talking, but plenty of driving footage.

#4 intense_7

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

But will it beat my cousins vl brah?

#5 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

yeh i lost interest after i saw the specs nissan released a while back, it's nice but doesnt really live up to the expectations.

these were the confirmed specs of the Spec-V

Engine/Drivetrain:

* Engine output increased to 485 ps
* Transmission mode selection button has been removed
* Overboost button for increased midrange boost during overtaking
* Carbon brakes

Interior:

* Carbon fibre MFD surround
* Carbon fibre mirror switch surround
* Black interior only
* Silver painted panels are now chrome
* Carbon fibre front seats
* Carbon fibre rear shelf replaces seats

Exterior:

* Carbon fibre grille painted matte clear
* Carbon fibre rear wing painted matte clear
* Carbon fibre ducts in front lip spoiler
* New colour available: Ultimate Black Pearl, this is said to be a purplish black
* Available colours: Ultimate Black Pearl, Brilliant White (new for MY09), Red, Dark Metal Gray, Black

Wheels and Suspension:

* Rays 20″ Forged Aluminum Wheels
* Bilstein Damptronic suspension upgraded, superiour in performance to the Nismo ClubSport package suspension

Optional Extras:

* Dunlop Tires (no cost option)
* Thatcham alarm system
* BOSE Sound System and ETC (Electronic Toll Card system)
* Ultimate Black Pearl Paint - a 577,500 yen option

The Bottom Line

* Base Price: 15,750,000 yen excluding tax
* Fully Optioned: 16,978,500 yen excluding tax

AFAIK the release really hasnt told us anything new, although its pretty typical of what u expect of a V-spec, i was hoping for something more, im just hoping 2 things, 1 that nissan hasnt revealed the true improvements of the spec-v and that on the track it will be quite a bit faster, and 2 that there will be a much more track orientated spec in the near future.

#6 skuma

• Car:'96 180sx, Supra RZ

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

250k and u still don't get decent rims :(

Expected better esp for the price increase

#7 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

decent rims? lol u have better than 20x10.5" forged wheels?

#8 RB26DET

• Car:1997 R33 GTR

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

^^^ i think what he is trying to say is they look cock... which i agree with aswell. they are functional being light weight etc but they could have put more thought into the design of em.

I was pretty stunned to see just exactly how un epic the Spec V was compared to the stocko version plus its another $70k or so more expensive for not alot extra, those brakes are sick and all but the beauty of having a having a good friend of mine that works at Nissan means he comes across some pretty interesting info... such as a complete breake service costing almost $30k!

I had the pleasure of seeing Mark Berry's RGM R35 here at the Townsville hill climbs and yes it was fairly fast and had the HKS 570 kit on it but my god was it a disapointment. Sounded like sewing machine with and exhaust on it and it wasn't even the fastest car there which was suprising aswell but its just not my cup of tea. A local guy that had just finished building up his epic track spec R32 GTR with dry sump fully built 26 and hks gtrs twins, all the good gear went into it and repainted R33 GTR midnight purple. Very Very tough car and just amazing to watch, great sound. i rather enjoyed watching that car compared to the 35 GTR and hey with standard brakes just up graded pads and tein super street coilovers and no suspension arms it was only 3 or so seconds off the 35...

R35 great car technologically, but i'd rather spend $100k on my 33 GTR..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!