Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
R34 GT-R brakes on R32 GT-R. Who's done it? - Hardtuned.net

R34 GT-R brakes on R32 GT-R. Who's done it? 

2 replies to this topic

#1 GODZILLA

• Car:JET200

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hey guys

I've spent the last hour looking through old threads, so I have searched but just want to ask some questions to people that HAVE put R34 GT-R brakes on their R32 GT-R. No need to sell me some other option as already have the calipers, rotors and pads.

I know you need to re-drill the R32 GT-R hubs to accept the 14mm bolts of the R34 GT-R caliper. That seems easy enough. Just use a drill with the right size drill bit.

Questions

1. Do the rears just bolt straight on? Does the R32 handbrake set-up still work fine inside R34 rotor? Do you use the R32 GT-R brake lines or R34 brake lines?

2. On the front, do R32 GT-R brake lines bolt straight up? If so will order some R32 GT-R braided lines.

3. Can you get away with using R32 GT-R master cylinder? Or do you HAVE to change to R34 GT-R?

Any help would be appreciated. Better to go into it armed with correct knowledge than finding anything out the hard way

#2 Edd-GTR

• Car:1989 BNR32 GTR

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Talking Brembos Andrew? I'm not sure on the difference between std and brembos size wise (caliper/rotor.)

I haven't done this to my BNR32, but from what I know the masters are different between the brembos and non. BM50 for std BNR32 and BM57 for brembo. If your std BNR32 has the brembos factory, then you're good. If not the difference is bm50 = 25.4mm and BM57 = 26.9mm. Measurement is in master cylinder diam. Negligible really.

I would go for Brembos if you can find a good set second hand. The size is probably bigger! :P

*EDIT: just found this: http://nissans15.com/brakes.htm Random website with some data you might find useful.

#3 GODZILLA

• Car:JET200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Already have R34 GT-R Brembo's sitting i shed along with the 324mm front and 300mm rotors rear, and Project Mu pads.

Will try with same master cylinder first and see what happens. Just wasn't to see who has actually done it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!